Monday, March 12, 2012

Haiti!

My friends are in Haiti this week, helping God accomplish what he does best. Being amazing. While I desperately want to visit Haiti again,  I feel as though I've been doing quite enough fundraising lately.  It was a difficult decision to make while I am sitting at home surrounding myself with my same old usual routines.  However, I feel at peace about staying home, and know God wants me to rest up, which is something I haven't been doing a lot of lately.  So, I've been following the journey of my church and friends like a hawk and praying for the great things God will continue to do in them and through them this week.

I couldn't help but notice that their group was unable to fund the final amount needed to put a roof on this lovely woman, Hadlynn's home while they are there.  I was very encouraged as I watched this video, and found out that if I gave this week online, there are Praying Pelican Staff members on site  that can deliver the money towards getting Hadlynn's home finished! The instant ability of having a hand in changing this woman's life is mind blowing to me.  If you are interested in joining this effort, it is easy and only takes a few minutes.  Your donation is tax-deductible, too!

1. Click the link below, and go to "support."  Click "Haiti relief," and enter your donation amount.

2. Email info@prayingpelicanmissions.org to specify the cause is for Shepherd College's mission project to build a home for Hadlynn.  

3.  Pray!  John 16:24 Until now, you have not asked for anything in my name.  Ask and you will receive, and your joy will be complete.  

No comments:

Post a Comment